top of page
Rainbow Ready Clubs Expression of Interest (Cardinia/Nillumbik)
Why become Rainbow Ready?
Be at the forefront of LGBTIQ+ inclusion in sport and recreation
Create a safe and inclusive environment for everyone involved in and connected to your club to feel safe, welcome and accepted.
Attract and retain people from the LGBTIQ+ communities within all aspects of your club.
Demonstrate leadership in Diversity and Inclusion
Promote being Rainbow Ready across your marketing
Show your support to the LGBTIQ+ communities (the estimated purchasing power of the Australian LGBTIQ+ community is $100 billion)
Rainbow Roadmap for Sports Clubs
For more information, download our PDF with more information
1 in 10 people identify as part of the LGBTIQ+ community yet 42% of those who identify are not open in social settings. Sport, recreation, and gym settings have long been seen as unsafe spaces for large numbers of the LGBTIQ+ communities, leading to a lack of engagement in the first instance and a higher dropout rate over time. These communities are at higher risk of health inequalities and are unlikely to return to an activity or setting that has resulted in negative experiences
How should I prepare for the Rainbow Ready Clubs program?
The Rainbow Ready Clubs program is fully funded via the Victorian Government which will provide you with hands-on support by Proud 2 Play with support from your local council area (Cardinia Shire Council & Nillumbik Shire Council). The program uses the Rainbow Roadmap framework which is an industry-standard program designed to assist your club at all stages of your journey in LGBTIQ+ inclusion.
To get started, simply fill out the expression of interest form and start developing a small working group of 4-6 people across all areas of your club - committee members, volunteers, coaches, officials and players. We will then reach out with more information and discuss the next steps with you and your working group.
The Rainbow Roadmap Framework
1. ASSESS - assessment and audit of where the organisation currently is at, regarding LGBTIQ+ inclusion in their organisation and sport.
2. EDUCATE - organisation undertakes training and education to increase knowledge of LGBTIQ+ inclusion.
3. CONSULT - organisation to undertake community consultation to understand the experiences and needs of the LGBTIQ+ people within their sport and organisation.
4. ENGAGE - organisation to engage with activities and practices related to LGBTIQ+ inclusion.
5. ENACT - organisations to enact LGBTIQ+ inclusive practices, processes, and policies across the organisation and adopt as core everyday business.
bottom of page